Saturday, October 3, 2009

The new acquisition

has arrived, but what has this photo got to do with it...?


It was the first of many appearing out of the blue. Some still, others in motion. All turning up in monotonous regularity. But how did that happen? The answer is simple; I don't know, but you can get rather sick of looking at a screen, keyboard and messy desk after a while.

All I know is that it was an arduous journey. A journey into the unknown and all because I merely - pressed a few things. My other camera was far less complicated, but I dare say things will fall into place soon enough: meanwhile, I will be snapping at everything in sight.
So, welcome to the new camera!  Hastily bought after the little freebie finally kicked the bucket and I was lost without it. Possibly it had been sourced from the Far East somewhere, part of a bulk purchase perhaps, maybe even bought on the cheap after being flung together from the sweepings of the floor.

Anyway, it was a right little struggler; churning out several exceptional shots before fading into extinction.  So, what the heck. It was no more than an inducement to Time Magazine. However, it feels more like parting with an old friend or saying goodbye to the family car, new owner at the wheel.
So, there we have it, another acquisition.  Oh!... before I forget -  just how the heck do I attach the wrist strap .......?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment