Sunday, June 14, 2009

SECOND WIND FOR THE HUMBUG

What a performance to speed up the computer, but well worth the effort once done. After waiting 30 minutes to get online yesterday, I'd had enough. Time to get serious and boot the problems out once and for all, hopefully...? How is the humbug behaving today? Like a well disciplined child...

Anyway, why bother with all those unused fonts, pretty desktop features and something-or-other index to name a few. By increasing virtual memory, the over all difference is only too apparent. I haven't been able to track down the memory component I needed without getting in a technician so after a good hunt on the net, that bit of Kiwi ingenuity has come in handy in the end.

I remember well the frustration of not finding a manual with the new computer. It drove me mad! Little did I realise the answers were on the tormentor itself. Perhaps I'm just catching up with how things are done now and my piles of neglected books on dusty shelves are a constant reminder
Seems we're past the days of corner shops, men who doff their hats and kids playing tiggy until it's too dark to see. Everything is fast pace, useby dates on most things, electronics upgraded or superceded before we can turn around and the burden of disposing of them is, another story.

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment