Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DREAM HOLIDAY?

Maybe not...............


After the long flight and making my way to the most comfortable looking hotel I could find, I checked in, dropped my luggage on the bed and boiled the jug. Nibbled on a couple of crackers and after finishing my hot drink, decided to have a short wander around the streets nearby. Just needed to stretch my legs, so wouldn't be long. Grabbing the key and locking the door on the way out I headed off into the early evening. The lights were just starting to come on and people milled about. Couples heading for restaurants and sweethearts walking hand in hand.
It must have been a good thirty minutes or so since I left the hotel and I had simply lost track of time. I'd also lost track of where I was. All the streets looked the same and I realised with horror I hadn't taken stock of my bearings at all. Too interested in all the activity going on around me!
As I tried to retrace my steps it also occurred to me I hadn't taken note of the hotel either. Just hastily headed off out taking the key only. My purse and belongings left behind - somewhere! Panic welled up and that awful smell of fear as realisation hit. I was lost in this sprawling city! My heart pounded as I desperately searched for familiar sights.
A loud wailing noise in my ears added to the stress. It would stop every now and again, but then... on it went. On and on!
By now darkness had settled in and the streets and buildings were well lit up. The persistent wailing continued, my ears drummed and all I could think of was how could I have been so stupid!
Suddenly, I woke up with a start! My eyes shot open as I sat bolt right up in bed and there was Harrison prowling back and forth on the deck and wailing to come in for a snack!


I'm not sure just how many of his nine lives he has left, but one thing I do know for sure - it's one less!

No comments:

Post a Comment